Friday, May 9, 2014

#18 Las Vegas - Oasis RV

We arrive in Sin City on a Friday afternoon. Passport America has once again provided us with a super nice resort - the best so far - with security, laundry, awesome showers, a pet park, pools and a store.


After hooking up in our Oasis RV Resort spot - with a dog run right behind our site - we jump on the scooter and head to Red Rock Canyon.




Saturday was a big scooter riding day - not all by design. First we went to Hoover Dam. In the three plus years I lived here and the many visits to Vegas since I had never done a tour of Hoover Dam.  So we did a dam tour. Pretty cool stuff. 



On top of the dam

Inside the dam
 Of course in the many years since I've lived here many new roads have been added and my navigation skills totally bombed out. We ended up scootering across the entire city looking for the Las Vegas Harley Davidson store. We ended up back at the camper to regroup and then succeeded in our qwest. 

Facebook had reconnected me with my high school best friend Pattie. We enjoyed dinner with her fam and caught up on the last 25 or so years in one evening.


And now we move on to the seventh state in our journey (and yes, I did count them on my fingers). Utah, here we come!  


No comments:

Post a Comment