Sunday, June 15, 2014

What did it cost?

I finally got up the nerve to look at our expenses for the 10-week trip.  I had budgeted around $6,000 for camping, fuel and food.

Fuel - $3,550
Food - $1,750
Campsites - $400
Misc Fees, supplies, etc - $1200

I expect that food costs is similar to what we would have spent at home eating out and going to the grocery store so I'm deducting that.

Ten weeks of fuel at home would be about $1,000 so I'll back out that.

Campsite costs at home might be $200 because you know that we would've went somewhere during that time so I'll back out that.

Miscellaneous trips to the liquor store and Home Depot would probably have been half so I'll back out $600.

We had taken $2,000 in cash and brought back $800 so I'll need to add $1,200 to our expense list.

Total calculated trip costs....

$4,550 - mostly fuel and campsite fees.  Under budget but still a crap load of money.  But considering we went a total of  8,500 miles and had 68 days of fun, it was a grand deal indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment