Saturday, April 5, 2014

#3 Brenham - You have to get ice cream, right?

So we arrive in Brenham, Texas where you just have to get ice cream, right?  Well we passed on the Blue Bell tour and instead brushed up on our Texas history at the Washington on the Brazos state park. My mammaw told me that we had a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence in our Ancestral history.  Hey, my great-grandmother's name was Texanna and football legend Sammy Baugh is in the family tree.  We've got to have some kind of interesting Texas history in our family.

Sure enough John S D Bryom was the first signer. I'll have to research more when I get home.





We only stayed in Brenham the one night but it looked like a nice little town with awesome fields of bluebonnets.




No comments:

Post a Comment